Monday, March 7, 2016

Menu Monday

March came in like a lamb and I do hope it leaves the same way. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Monday

I am working today and since I was booked late last week decided to leave the menu for today as is.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and the leftover salad should hit the spot just perfectly. I can also make up the meatloaf, put it in the oven and carry on with a few other household tasks.

Tuesday

Pork chops in a mushroom gravy, egg noodles, and carrots. This is another oven meal, but as I am trying to figure out the new oven temperature wise, and I need to use up fridge items this is the way it goes for a bit.

Wednesday

There has been a package of dry ribs languishing in the freezer for awhile now. I am using these up and adding another partial bag of puff pastry appetizers to get them out of the freezer. Serving them with some raw cut up veggies.

Thursday

Clean out the fridge night. If there is nothing really left I will make some soup and have sandwiches with.

Friday

German dumplings, diced boiled potatoes, and lots of fried onions. Not the healthiest of meals but comfort food on what is supposed to be the coldest day this week.

Saturday

Chicken drumsticks baked in the oven, rice and brussel sprouts.

Sunday

Roast pork, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots (or perhaps broccoli, cauliflower mixed). Depending on what cooked veg I pick there may be some veggies and dip as well.

Lunches will be the usual leftovers or sandwiches. In my case I sometimes just have some toast and peanut butter (don't really like peanut butter, but we have a great deal to use up and Harvey does not seem to be helping).

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the one who usually 'hoovers up' the fridge whether I like the food or not.
    xx

    ReplyDelete