Friday, September 16, 2016
Frugal happenings around here have been few and far between. However, there have been a few.
1. The air conditioning has been off all week, great savings on electricity.
2. I dehydrated more herbs, picked more tomatoes, dried green peppers and dug up all the onions.
3. Used leftover yarn from another project to make my brothers their Christmas gifts.
4. Used up the homemade ranch dressing, and am going to try a different recipe, along with a recipe for Italian dressing.
5. Stuck to my grocery list and managed to get everything I needed on sale.
6. Deposited 4 dividend cheques and a cheque from our Coop grocery store for our refund on spending.
So while money was leaving the savings account, I was managing to curb my own urge to spend (happens this time of year). I think it has to do with the days growing shorter and my need to keep busy all the time, so I usually spend on things that I can craft with or read during the upcoming long, dark nights.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.