Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

So what have I done to be thrifty this past week. Hmmm, good question.

I fixed a waistband on a skirt and put it back into the closet.

Hung all laundry out on the line this week.

Patched some throw pillows (I am going to keep them until I get a chance to make some new ones).

Found out that Kris had a great idea for washing walls. I used his swifter broom with a special covering idea. Wow, in 15 minutes my bedroom walls were nice and clean. This gave me extra time to do a bit of weeding outside in the perennial bed.

Still using up every speck that we possibly can. I am shopping with a list and sticking to it. Nothing extra has ended up in my cart for two weeks now.

Any leftover coffee from breakfast is being chilled in the fridge and then I have a lovely iced coffee in the afternoon.

I even cut down some more scraps into squares and strips for quilting.

Not too bad at all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

johnnyjumpsup said...

Some very frugal ideas there Jackie. Well done.

Jusmom1 said...

Jackie -

Thank you so much for the idea of saving the coffee in the fridge! I have a keurig and usually finish my large travel mug every morning, but every once in a while I have to run out of the house and come home hours later to a luke warm cup of coffee. Ick! Not for me. I don't like zapping my coffee so it usually gets tossed. However, I ADORE iced coffee and never once thought to save it in the fridge until it gets really cold and then pour it over ice. Thank you for giving me such a delicious DUH moment!!!!
Lin

SRUN POR said...

I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page.
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
บาคาร่าออนไลน์