Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Mid Week and More Snow

Monday morning I woke this greeted me as I peered out the front door.

A skiff of snow (as Harvey would say) that was melting almost as quickly as it fell.

Yesterday was overcast with a shower every so often.

Today I woke up to this.

Snowfall amounted to around 4 inches of heavy, wet snow. When it freezes overnight driving will be loads of fun on icy roads. Here is hoping the sanders have been out and about before I head out shopping.

I have spent much of this week cooking wise, trying to use up bits and pieces from the fridge and freezers.

Monday was homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup. I made a bit extra so there is a container in the freezer for us to have for a meal later, and a tin foil container for Kris to have to take with him the next time he is home. 

Tuesday was my version of a stir fry (I am afraid Kurt would say this is no where near correctly made), served over rice made in my handy dandy...…
Instant Pot!!

Today that same Instant Pot is on the slow cook function cooking some chicken wings that were buried at the back of the chicken shelf in the meat freezer.

They will be served with reheated rice left from yesterday and a small tossed salad for each of us.

Slowly but surely working on the hand quilting. I had forgotten how long hand quilting takes. It does keep me busy though.

Tonight I hope to make some unbaked cookies and perhaps even get some puffed wheat cake made. I will slowly prepare for Kurt and Kris to be home this weekend.... Pies will be made tomorrow afternoon as shopping(and driving the sure to be horrible roads) will take up most of my morning.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, thanks for visiting my blog. We finally topped out at 16" of snow!!! We had to get the snow blower out to do the driveway! It was so wet and heavy. Today it is beautiful and it is starting to melt. Your soup looks delicious. I have been debating about getting an Instapot.

    ReplyDelete