Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thursday Tidbits

Ahhh, at one point in my life this was perhaps the most exciting day of the week. Only one day of work left and then two whole days to do whatever I like. Though the whatever I like did have to happen after my weekly household tasks. Now this day slips by with hardly any acknowledgement other than the weekly shopping trip.

Today was a bit different. I got to start the day with my physical, results of the blood test and a nice talk with my new doctor. 

First off the physical went very well. She said that everything seemed to be normal and even my blood pressure had gone down a bit. I told her I was getting used to visiting her. 

Blood tests were so so.  Most were excellent, but that darned cholesterol test was not. I have a high level of the bad cholesterol and so we are going to try and control it with diet and exercise. I dislike the idea of taking a pill and the doctor agrees that trying it my way first is perhaps the best way to go. In six weeks I return for another blood test to see if diet is working. Hopefully the level has dropped a bit.

Other tests will have to wait for results for another 4 to 6 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed that those turn out to be as good as these were for the most part. 

I didn't save as much as usual shopping this day. Probably because I ended up shopping for things with little to know cholesterol in them. Wow, my favorite yogurt is loaded and milk is as well. I did buy more oatmeal and will be having that for breakfasts and saving the yogurt as desserts. I am upping my veggie and fruit intake and will be trying hard to drink more water. 

Tomorrow I will finish off the one chore I did not get completed today and get in the sewing/craft room to get a few things completed and off the floor (or the tops of the cabinets). Then I will move on decluttering on Saturday (though getting things finished will go a long way to decluttering). 

Off to have some fruit and water. Then to bed with my book.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment