Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

I do believe our first few days of October is more like winter than fall. This means I will be getting out my slow cooker or Instant Pot and making hearty meals for the next few days. This is a thrifty way of cooking as the power used for these two appliances is negligible when compared to the oven.

I finished sewing the  gift quilt together a few days ago. Since it was made of leftover scrap fabric and fabric salvaged from clothing it turned out to be a thrifty as well as useful gift.

I darned a couple of socks, fixed a seam or two and hemmed a pair of pants. Making clothing last longer just makes sense to me. Buttons and zippers have been saved from items of clothing I cut up to make more 4" blocks to use in quilting.

Meals are taking advantage of leftovers and bits and bobs of veggies in the fridge.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. I know it is already too cold for me there.
    My mom always cut off buttons and zippers and then made rags of the shirts or whatever. She was like you in so many ways...she was thrifty and the best cook on the planet and now I am missing her..life sure gets hard sometimes...i know we have to take the good with the bad and without our sweet Jesus, we couldn't get thru the bad times. OK, I'll stop for now before I burst out crying....love to you, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete