Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thursday Tidbits

I am going to share another recipe from a Company's Coming cookbook. These are my absolute favourite cookbooks. Mainly because I usually have everything I need to prepare them in my fridge, freezer or pantry.

Turkey Corn Soup

2 tbsp. hard butter (or margarine)
1 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tsp paprika (I used a bit more)
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups finely chopped potato
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (next time I will use more)
2 cups chopped leftover turkey
13 1/2 oz can of evaporated milk
1 cup frozen kernel corn (I used about 1 1/2 cups)
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

Melt butter in a large pot or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened.
Add flour and paprika. Heat and stir for 1 or 2 minutes.
Add broth, potato and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potato is tender.
Add turkey, evaporated milk, and corn. Heat and stir until heated through.
Sprinkle with bacon. This makes about 11 cups.

I have enough in the freezer for another two meals for Harvey and I. Two nights where I get to have a lovely stick to my ribs soup. If Kris is home there will only be enough for one meal for the three of us and a container for him to take home.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment