Monday, August 26, 2019

Menu Monday

Cooler weather means perhaps a few more soup meals at supper time, more cooking hearty stick to your ribs kind of meals. Yet really since this summer was cooler overall than summers past my meals did not get noticeably lighter.

Remember things in the weekly menu get switched around a great deal, but usually just between days.

Monday

This was supposed to be a clean out the fridge night for dinner, but I noticed late yesterday that Harvey has made a darn good job of this in his late night snacking periods. So today will be leftover ham made into scalloped potatoes and ham. Should be enough of that leftover for later in the week. Serving this with some asparagus and a salad.

Tuesday

BBQ sausages, served with the remaining salad and a mixture of peas and green beans as well as creamed potatoes.

Wednesday

I have a meeting about the Bible Study tonight at 5:30 pm (why they always seem to have meetings around supper time I will never know) so I will start the leftovers from the week for Harvey and eat when I get home later.

Thursday

Hamburgers and tinfoil packs of veggies. Serving these with a cucumber salad as well.

Friday

Hopefully Kris will be home for the Labour Day weekend. I will be preparing Glace his favourite of all meals.

Saturday

Steak Casserole, mashed potatoes and a cucumber salad or raw veggies and dip.

Sunday

The start of a new month!!
Roast pork, creamed potatoes, green beans and possibly corn (perhaps even corn on the cob if I can find anything decently priced that looks good).

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the cooler weather. I love soups and casseroles - they heat up the house and of course baking. Although my waistline, really shouldn't be eating so many of the baked goods that I always have to deal with in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn was .10/cob at Superstore in Lloydminster today. I'm curious about the steak casserole.

    ReplyDelete