Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thursday Tidbits

I just can not believe that summer is coming to an end. Where have the days flown to?

We got some rain today which helped the lawns a little bit. Almost 1/2 inch which will make the garden a bit easier to weed. Those weeds seem to like dry ground and don't let go of their hold very easily, except when the ground is a bit damp. 

Working on Christmas gifts. Kurt and Kris will be getting baskets (or rather fabric bags) of knitted goodies. Most of them are quickly knit so I should be done in record time. Harvey's gift could take a bit longer as I want to knit him another sweater. It will also take some shopping to be done at a later date as I don't have any suitable yarn. 

Still using things up here and trying to keep the fridge as cleaned out as is possible. Sometimes that seems to be a project all on its own. I wonder how some things just seem to linger in there. Still I am keeping up and not wasting much of anything.

Lots of little projects to accomplish this month, with a couple of larger ones from last month. Still everything is doable as long as the garden does not start producing too quickly.

We had our first pick of the pole beans this week. Just a little taste teaser as there were only enough ready to be picked to give us one meal. Lots of flowers though, and lots of small beans forming. We should get many more meals and lots frozen for the winter. 

I have put off baking bread for the rest of the summer. We have really cut back on the consumption of that product and it is just too hot to make my own. Come fall though, bread making will begin once again. I do miss the taste of homemade bread and the knowing of what is exactly in each and every loaf I make. Still weighing the cost of the air conditioner running more, it just might be less expensive to buy for the next while.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I have a bread making machine which makes making bread so much easier. Thank you for your visit, I hope you manage to get back and visit the Scottish Islands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got out in my garden for the first time in months yesterday afternoon. It was such a jungle that I needed to cut a lot of encroaching things back. I really enjoyed it and realised how much I've missed it. Work has been taking over too much of my time lately.

    ReplyDelete