Thursday, June 13, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

Thrifty and Frugal


It really has been a pretty quiet week. One that saw us working in the yard, and getting some of those pesky set aside tasks completed as well. 

My thrifty and frugal saves for this week are once again mostly using things up.

1.  I mended a hem on a pair of my pants that had started coming down.

2.  Harvey is giving his smoker a very good cleaning. He has taken it apart and wiping it all down.

3.  Pulled what radishes that managed to grow and added them to the fresh veggies in the crisper.

4.  Harvey pulled me some onions from the garden to use in the potato salad.

5.  Used leftovers for our lunches (even Harvey did for a change).

6.  Darned a pair of socks for Harvey. 

7.  Found some fabric in my stash that I can use to make a slip with. My old one is getting pretty ratty.

8.  Using appliances at least 3 times a week to cook or to bake.

9.  Pulling frozen fruit from the chest freezer to make desserts from.

10.  Freezing leftovers for meals later on, especially when it gets too hot to cook.

11.  Paying bills online so as not to use fuel or put milage on the vehicle.

12.  Looking at getting Harvey to make me various sized shuttles for my weaving. He says he will be able to make me some. That would be a big savings, and also give him something to do.


This is pretty much all I can really remember along with the usual hanging clothes up to dry, using rain water to water the plants.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

  

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good and productive week. Nice that Harvey is so handy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week. It sure all adds up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget how much I enjoyed trying to save money. I am still frugal but shop so little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like that last one where you keep Harvey busy too. LOL I have found by ordering on line for groceries I spend less than going in the store. I seem to be shopping less and less all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those side tasks are never ending it seems like on some days. Frozen assets are the best when it comes time to making dinner in a hurry and saving money. Kudos to you, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool that Harvey can make you some shuttles for your weaving. Handy to have a husband who can turn his hand to such things.

    ReplyDelete