Thursday, June 20, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

                                                        Thrifty and Frugal

Blogger is still acting up for me, but hopefully this posts without me having to sign in, when in fact I am already signed in.

My thrifty and frugal happenings this week are pretty much the same as every week. I did have one thrifty save this week though and I am quite happy about it.

1.  Walking for exercise when it isn't raining. If it is raining I do my walking around the house.

2.  Our coffee pot (a Keurig) died a slow death this week. In checking the flyers I found that Canadian Tire had one on sale (I could make iced coffee with it which made me happy), but I decided to check out Walmart first. Exact same one was on sale for $49.97 a savings of $70.00. 

3.  Checked out the berries I am hoping to forage and all seems to be growing well. I might be able to pick and make jelly by the middle of July.

4.  I managed to move one tote of yarn upstairs into the drawers I have up here for that purpose. I hope to perhaps get another one emptied and up here. 

5.  Made my list and stuck to it while shopping this week. 

6.  Combined errands to save on fuel and vehicle usage. 

7.  Worked on using up all the leftovers in the fridge. A few things left, but they should be cleared out by the end of the week.

8.  Saved the elastics and twist ties off of the veggies bought this week.

9.  Baked bread in the machine for a very decent cost.

10. Book marked some salve and balm recipes.

So there you have it. My frugal and thrifty past times for this week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. My thrifty thing I did today was the HVAC guy came for summer maintenance. It was to be $99 and then in the Fall/ winter another $99. So he told me a plan for veterans - we get those 2 visits for $147 a year instead of $200. Plus there are some other perks as well. So I signed us up!
    It always feels good when making a frugal decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how prices differ? You did get a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are consistent with your savings efforts, good for you. I saw a little tip that involves putting a bucket in your shower to collect some of the water that would be going down the drain and then use it to water plants/garden. I remember my mother always saving the bath water and carrying it out to water her flowers.

    ReplyDelete