Saturday, June 22, 2024

Saturday Round-up


 

So far this month has been mostly about weaving. I am going to leave that for a bit and concentrate on getting a few of my other projects worked on.

I have been knitting mitts and finding even more orphan balls and skeins of yarn to use up. Loving the fact that I have been able to empty two totes of yarn. Sure they were only partially full, but at least they are no longer taking up room on the shelves in the storage room.

I started foraging today. I picked the white clover flowers in our yard (hopefully I will get many more) and dehydrated them. I still have lavender and calendula flowers dehydrating. I have the jars to put the dried flowers in to make infused oil.

Started my lemon balm infused oil today. It should be ready to make into a salve in about 4 weeks. I am actually getting a head start on the infused oils this year and trying some that are totally different from what I have made other years. I will be gathering plantain very soon and hope I can find enough.

I am finding it very interesting how herbs and plants have lots of medicinal purposes. I am also finding it very interesting that almost every plant (even those one considers a weed) can be used to make an oil or a salve/balm/lotion.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless. 

6 comments:

  1. I’m interested in that too. I haven’t done anything but it’s good to know. I just don’t have your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you do so many natural remedies. God put on this land all we need. Most medicines today all came from nature to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to make your own lotions and salves, you can use them knowing theyvare full if goodness with no nasty commercial additives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the old house I had a lot of plantain in the lawn, this house seems to be mostly dandelion, thistle, and creeping charley. Good luck with your foraging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you forage for and make your own natural remedies, Jackie. .That is something I've always wanted to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your ability to forage and then create something from what you find for free.

    ReplyDelete