Sunday, June 23, 2024

Sunday Ramblings


 Really very warm and humid today. Good for the plants, but not so much for working in any length of time.

Today I picked more clover and lavender and have the dehydrator going. The pot marigold flowers are taking much longer to dry. I do hope to pick more of those tomorrow. 

I then went down the back alley and picked the first batch of plantain leaves. Those are drying on some toweling in the living room. Once dry they will be crushed and put in a jar so as to make room for another harvest of leaves. I am finding lots this year so the experiment on making plantain salve will definitely happen.

Pictures to follow next week, providing that Blogger allows them. It seems that ever since I did the latest update, I am having to sign in almost every day. Something that never happened when I did not sign out. Getting pictures uploaded is beginning to be very strange. I now have albums that I never had before, which means searching each of them to find what I want to add to a post. That can be time consuming at a time when perhaps I don't have as much. 

We went to Mass last night as the church was putting on a Family Day today. The whole thing started out years ago as a thank you to all parishioners. Lunch was provided and games for the children were held. This year it has turned into a fund raiser and everything is very expensive. I am very disappointed in our parish council and this decision as many families are struggling to make ends meet.

By the end of today I should have 13 pairs of mittens knitted, not the 25 pairs I wanted, but I am pretty sure I will have at least 19 pairs done by the end of the month. I will be sewing them together on Sunday of next week. 

I am going to pull out my toaster oven and make our roast meal in there. Much too hot to turn on the oven.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

3 comments:

  1. You've got me thinking - maybe I could dry my lavender using the dehydration function in my air fryer. It would make the kitchen smell rather nice, wouldn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a storm that went south east of us last night. I saw photos of hail in your city. I hope you didn't get hit too hard.
    I upload my photos from my computer files, and don't use albums. Is that an option for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's a no-win situation when it comes to churches - they are lacking funds and need to fundraise somehow, but on the other hand, people can't afford to donate.

    ReplyDelete