Friday, June 21, 2024

Moving Towards Simpler Living


 

Part of my movement towards simpler living is learning how to be a bit more self-sufficient. There is no way we can raise cattle, pigs or chickens on our city lot, but we can grow veggies, herbs and a few medicinal plants. Back alleys here have an abundance of berry bushes and wild flowers for foraging to eat or make salves with. 

I can and do make lots of my own clothing and now I fashion more for comfort than style. I mend, I darn, I knit, I quilt and now I have taken up weaving. This is my first project, and while there are errors I am quite proud of it. Most of the errors were in the beginning and I did get progressively better as I wove. 

In about a week or so I will warp the loom once more and make another scarf. Perhaps I will even get two made now that I know how much time I can stand before needing to move around.


Living simply and frugally does not mean doing without, to me it means being able to spend where it makes a difference, doing things one enjoys, and taking time to breath.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

P.S.  Blogger is really acting goofy and will not allow me to do what I want to do. Grrrr. 


6 comments:

  1. I think you're on the right track and we're trying to do the same thing as far as it's possible with apartment life. Your scarf looks wonderful! Well done for your first effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf - good job!
    Excellent message - simpler is just better in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking scarf. Blogger can be a pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good reason to feel proud. Good Luck with making use of your various skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf looks beautiful Jackie. A great first attempt at weaving. I look forward to future projects.

    ReplyDelete