Saturday, June 29, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


I have spent most of this week finishing up my weaving, well at least the washing of the scarf. Next week I will warp the loom for the second scarf. 

Also lots of knitting being done. After all 50 or so pairs of mittens take a bit of time to do. 


These are being sewn up over the next couple of days. I have already made a start on that task and have these done.


I swear that it takes almost as much time to sew these two needle mitts up as it does to knit them (could be I am exaggerating slightly here). I hope to get half of them sewn today and the other half tomorrow so as I can do some more knitting. 

My friend brought me lots of her leftovers and I will definitely have enough to make the 50 pairs plus probably a few more. 

There has been time spent picking blossoms, and plantain leaves to make salves and such. I think I might be there for the dried plantain very shortly. The other three salves may take a bit longer as the amount I can collect is quite small in comparison. I did find a recipe to make a mint salve and will check into that a bit more, supposedly it is good for headaches.

Tomorrow I will update my projects list, and perhaps even post my list for next month.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

8 comments:

  1. The mittens are so pretty, what a lovely endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could probably knit those mittens in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate sewing up knitting projects so I'll work in the round as much as I can...only because I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your last two posts with the tips. Home ownership seems to be a fading reality for the next generations. And I was pleased to see I do those things in the laundry room. Your mittens are lovely and what pretty colours. That is an awesome goal you have set for yourself, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never knitted two needle mittens though I've heard of them. Mom always knit hers on four needles, and so that's how I learned. You're putting me to shame, I only have a few pairs completed!
    Enjoy your Canada Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mittens! They are adorable (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mittens are beautiful, Jackie. I can imagine they do take a long time,

    ReplyDelete