Monday, June 3, 2024

Menu Monday

 


While the weather is getting warmer, I am still cooking a few meals that are bit on the hearty side. This is mainly because of the rain we seem to be getting almost every evening, which really cools things down.


Monday

Smoked hamburgers warmed on the BBQ (package of two premade and presmoked from the freezer), baked beans and raw veggies and dip.


Tuesday

Leftovers from Sunday which was a ham and scalloped potato casserole. I will probably make corn to go with this.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I will pull out the Pea soup and make egg salad sandwiches.


Thursday

Mystery container from the fridge freezer. I pretty much think it is lentil curry, so will make rice and a salad to go with this.


Friday

Fish fillets, fries, and salad


Saturday

Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad or raw veggies and dip.


Sunday

I am getting Harvey to smoke a brisket. Making coleslaw or potato salad to go along with this meal.


Tomorrow I hope to post some pictures of the warping of the loom. Yep, I started but really need to take a break as my back started killing me. Now I know I will need more breaks when I do the first part of the warp, and will probably need breaks when I do the second half. Still I think this is a learning curve and that I will really learn what I can and can not do (stand for 2 1/2 hours mainly).


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about looms. So it should be interesting to learn through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have also been having some hearty meals because of the cool weather but we are using the bbq on the occasional hot weather day. I can imagine working a loom can be difficult. I have never tried one myself. Can't wait to see pics of your work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a good start on the threading of the loom, though I'm sorry to hear your back is acting up on you.
    We had, or rather I had, chicken fried rice and egg rolls for dinner last night. Since my son made himself something else to eat, guess what he's have for dinner tonight? Leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Look forward to seeing the loom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, it all sounds so good, Jackie. Especially the ham and scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your loom. I find standing for any length of time very hard on my back, and I guess you are bending over too, while you are working. Is this a job that could be done sitting down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bought a brisket a few weeks ago and by the time RC removed all the extra fat he figures there was only about half that was edible. So...cheap to buy maybe, but not cheap in the long run. Today we bought two lovely eye of the round roasts for less than we figure the brisket ended up costing us.

    ReplyDelete