Saturday, February 9, 2013

An Inexpensive Filling Supper and a Gift Try Out

Kurt gave me a new non stick enamel casserole for Christmas and as it is so big I never had a chance to use it until today.

Tonight for supper I made a Sausage Casserole and needed (well not really) the extra space his gift gave me.

This casserole consisted of a layer of sliced potatoes, a layer of onions, a sprinkle of pepper (make it a good one), a layer of sliced carrots, a layer of frozen peas and of course the small pork sausage. I poured a can of tomato soup mixed with about 1/2 can of water over top.

Put the top on the casserole and baked it for 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Mmmm, was it ever good. Better yet, there is enough left for another meal for Harvey and I.  Total cost was $8.59. So for four meals our cost works out to about $2.19 each. Not bad at all.

To make matters even better clean up was a breeze and the non stick enamel casserole that Kurt bought me really is non stick.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice casserole .. lovely of Kurt to give it to you! (Bet he's looking forward to a home-cooked meal made in it, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nonstick... and a very nice new pan that is!

    ReplyDelete