Friday, February 22, 2013

Frugality and A Greener Lifestyle

Part of being a frugal person is living a greener lifestyle, and in order to do this I thought I would try to remove some of the throw away life that I have been living.

This is the first of what I hope to be many changes in how I manage to become a greenie.

We use a swifter duster to get to those hard to reach spots almost daily. The cost of the throw away dusters is crazy at 15 for $15.00. That is $1.00 each and you just throw them out.

The internet to the rescue!!!

Today I gathered supplies.

Cut them out into the 8x8 inch squares recommended, and got started making reusable dusters.

Sewed them together a la the suggestions and tried one out.


Look at all the dust it picked up. Harvey and I are very happy with the results. I have another 6 ready to sew up tomorrow!

While the price to start these was about the same, the fact that I can throw them in the wash and reuse them will save us money it the long run.

Harvey now figures I am "The woman."

After I get these done I figure on making some Swifter Sweeper type items and getting rid of more of my throw it out lifestyle.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. That looks cool .. but what did you use to make it with? (and what link?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DW, I will post the link tomorrow. They are so very simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the pattern please! I am trying to come up with something for the floor swiffers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jackie -

    What type of material did you use on these? I really need to make them too. Did I miss a link to the instructions?

    Lin

    ReplyDelete