Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Tonight I made Ham Pasties for supper. One of my favorite things to do with leftover cooked ham.

Here is a picture of the filling.

This was set to simmer for awhile to thicken up and then cheese was added.

Here they are going into the oven. I made them much smaller then usual.



The finished product.

For some reason they split open a bit I guess being made smaller they are harder to keep sealed when baking. I may have to go back to making them a bit bigger.

Here is the recipe.

Ham Pasties

1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper (I used green pepper as I did not have red)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked leftover ham
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup finely chopped peeled potato
2 tbsp fruit chutney (mango is best)
1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
1 package of frozen puff pastry thawed
1 egg
3 tbsp milk

Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan on medium. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often. Add curry powder and heat, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add next 6 ingredients. Stir. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook uncovered, for about 30 minutes, stirring every so often until potato is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.

Stir in cheese. Let stand until cool.

Roll out 1/2 the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into two 7 inch rounds. Keep pastry circles covered with a damp towel. Repeat with remaining pastry.

Combine egg and milk in a bowl, Brush edge of pastry with this mixture. Divide and spoon filling onto top half of each pastry circle. Fold bottom over and pinch edges closed to seal. Place the crescents on a greased baking pan. Brush with remaining egg mixture. Pierce tops of crescents 4 time with a fork.

Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...sounds yummy...and I have leftover ham in the fridge! I will have to pick up a potato, chutney and puff pastry...oh and leave out the curry unless I want to use my Epi-Pen, lol...but maybe I can try them this weekend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete