Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Frugalities

Sorry that I didn't post yesterday, but I had a conference call for a committee that I am on. It took forever to get everything settled and we had to postpone the big meeting until March due to the chairperson being gone when the date was first picked.

It has been a fairly frugal week, other than my visit to the dentist. I was to get my teeth cleaned and while undergoing that procedure....they found a cavity or two that need to be looked after as well. Why does this always happen?

Harvey has moved on to his next project on the house. He has decided that I need an easier access to the shelf over the stairs and this is his solution.

Right now and probably for a few days I will be living with a hole in my hall wall. He plans on cutting right through, extending the shelf and putting some lovely doors up. This will give me much easier access and the ability to store a few more small appliances. The best thing of all. He has all the items necessary to complete the project, nothing else will be purchased!!! Frugal fix.

I hated the sight of all the cords we use to charge the various phones, tablets, cameras, heating pad and camcorder lying around the one end table in the living room. In my mad decluttering I found a lovely basket.

Now the cords are in one container and not scattered all over the place. The twist ties do not seem to be working to gather the cords together so I am on the hunt for the bag of elastics I bought awhile back. That should do the trick nicely.

I also used two partial balls of navy to knit two pairs of slippers. I am trying very hard to use what I have and not waste anything. I hope to have pictures up tomorrow.

Used up all the leftovers in the fridge over the week. Really was lovely not to have to cook one night, just pop the leftovers into the microwave and supper was ready.

It was nice here this past week (not including today and yesterday) so the solar heat of the sun through our front window heated the whole house. Sure was nice not to hear the furnace running constantly. Saved a bit on heating and electrical costs.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, I can't wait to see what your hubby is building. I can't picture it in my head, lol. I need to SEE things, can't picture things in my head unless they are quilts, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas on the fixes. I can't wait to see what Harvey comes up with, too.

    ReplyDelete