Shhh, don't say anything, but Harvey and I did not stay up to see the new year in. In fact it has been many years since we have. I did get up 6 hours after the beginning of the year so I really did not miss that much.
I have kept busy today doing various large and small tasks. While the temperature is beautiful it is dark and cloudy so counted cross stitch was put aside for the day and I started to finish another project that has been on the to do list, cut out even for the last three years (I will more than likely be working on this when it is too dismal to cross stitch). This is in keeping with my goals for the year and even my monthly goals so I don't feel too bad about leaving one project to work on another.
I embroidered some butterflies a couple of years ago, and then gathered together and cut out squares of matching colours. This was going to be a new quilt for our bed which is needed. I then gathered everything together and put it away nicely in the sewing room. That is as far as the project got.
Until today. I pulled everything out and started pinning.
Here are the first two simple block patterns.
A new month means new monthly goals, and I did promise you yesterday I would share them with you all. There are 5 this month.
1. Organize kitchen. I have to move things around to have room to store my new appliances.
2. Work on unfinished projects (this seems to be a reoccurring theme).
3. Copy and organize more recipes. Slowly but surely all those binders of recipes is disappearing and a nicely organized recipe shelf or two is evolving.
4. Work on scanning all those loose pictures in containers and files.
5. Work on at least one quilt. (notice the "at least one", gives you a hint that there could be a few more that need working on.... More of those unfinished projects).
This should keep me busy this month, but really the list is not that undoable.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.