Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday Tidy Up

Once again it is bitterly cold with that darn wind chill. It is at times like this that I would love to move to a warmer climate. Then I remember that I probably would not get to see snow, and that would be a waste of something God gave us to enjoy!!! It's just that he could turn the thermostat up just a tad.

Today Harvey and I have spent cleaning the storage room in the basement, and I have cleaned the microwave cupboard and the shelving unit the television sits on in the living room.

Some items were tossed as they were no earthly good for anyone (makes me wonder why we were saving them) and others were put in boxes to be taken to the Salvation Army tomorrow.

Three small boxes full of items, and the bigger items are downstairs waiting to be brought up tomorrow. Once these are out of the house I will have donated or gotten rid of 50 items. That's right, 50 and I have only been decluttering for 3 days. Still loads to go through and some that we put aside today will be gone through later.

I even found a new blanket for our bed (the other was getting very thread bare). I knew I had another I just did not know where I had put it!!!

Later in the afternoon I pulled out this book.

Just for another look through. It has been awhile and I really only skimmed through it the first time.

Wow, I knew vinegar was great, but I did not realize it could be used for so many things. I do use it to damp mop all my floors between regular scrubbing, use it to clean my coffee pots and iron, to polish my taps, as well as for cooking. This book however lists many more uses.

In reading the section on vinegar I found out that putting some on a cotton ball and holding it against a bruise will help heal it faster (I am always bruising myself so I am definitely trying this one) and it can be used to clean the keys on the computer keyboard. Hmmm, I think that I got a brain wave at this point.
You really can't see it but this remote is really dirty. I poured some vinegar in a small bowl, got the Q-tips out and went to work.

It was dirty work, and it isn't as clean as I would like it, but I decided to do the Surround Sound remote as well.

Much cleaner and I think with one more going over tomorrow they will be perfect, and I will feel much better about using them.

There are a couple more uses for vinegar I am going to try and then if they work I will share them with you. Heck I may try all 173 uses. If even half of them work I will be saving money and leaving a much greener footprint.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jackie for finding so many things to donate. It's amazing how many you can find when you go through different areas of your home.

    ReplyDelete