Friday, February 24, 2017
Now for my frugal happenings this week.
1. More of the same, trying to save electric costs by keeping lighting down in the evenings, watching our water consumption (that is also going up 5% starting this month), and using up everything we can.
2. Fixed a zipper on an old coat. Not my favorite mending job, but it needed doing.
3. We bulk bought sandwich meat, much the same as what you would get in a deli and sliced it all up ourselves (the slicer is starting to give up the ghost, but we have had it for just over 32 years and it has more than paid for itself). We spent $49.00 on the meat and after packaging ended up with what would have cost us approximately $120.00 to buy packaged in the store. Now we have enough sandwich meat to last us at least 4 months.
4. I have managed to get out for my walks again. It is so nice to walk in the light and in temperatures that are not well below freezing.
5. Got free ice pops today when shopping. They will be a lovely treat on those hot summer days.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.