Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunday Ramblings

It has been quiet around the old homestead today. I spent some time on the phone this evening talking to both Kurt and Kris. It was wonderful to hear their voices.

Kurt has been busy getting his yard cleaned up and ready for the great weather that they always have in Drumheller. To tell the truth, I wish I could decorate my back yard the way he has managed to. It is an oasis.

Kris seems very relaxed and ready to start his new job tomorrow. He has orientation at City Hall first thing in the morning, and then will head to the Facilities department. Kris did say that on his last day at Finning he could feel the stress and tension leaving his body. I wish him all the best in this new venture (well not really new as he has worked for the city in a similar position at Transit).

Harvey started another batch of wine after Mass today. This one is a white which is my preferred tipple when I drink wine. However the Raspberry wine he made does taste lovely.

Me, well, I went for my walk after Mass, did some thinking on what I want to do once I get the letters typed with my resignation from various committees, read, and started knitting. I even managed to bake some bread this afternoon and get my to do lists completed for next week.

See I told you all it was a quiet day!

Father Brian sounds almost back to normal, the poor man was ill for so long we all thought that we would be getting a substitute, but he held in there. His homily today was all about how resurrection is a gift that can not be taken from us.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment