Friday, June 17, 2022


 It is that time of the week once again. Time to try and list my Frugal Friday happenings.


1.  This is the week we get our 2 week allowances. I was able to put $80.00 into my envelope savings. I also managed to add $10.40 to my change jars.

2.  While I was unable to totally dry the clothes out on the lines on Monday I did manage to get them out for a few hours, which cut down drying time in the dryer.

3.  Windows have been open most days to let in cooling breezes, however today the humidity makes that impossible so the A/C unit is on to cool things off.

4.  Making the most of leftovers by fashioning new meals and since it has been pretty warm one was a main dish salad instead of making a chicken casserole. 

5.  Used scraps of cardstock paper to make labels for the sewing/craft room.

6. And lastly used up another 2 1/2 skeins of yarn to make the second poncho. I also enlarged the pattern I wish to use to embroider the tablecloth. 


Everybody have a wonderful afternoon.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I really miss our clothesline but alas can't have one in an apartment. However, since covid hit we haven't used the communal dryers in our building and instead hang everything to dry. We got an extra tension rod and put it over our bathtub and I hang everything on hangers and let it drip dry. We mostly do our washing by hand (all but the sheets, jeans and heavy towels) and have managed to save at least $30/month.
    Another frugal thing we started doing after covid hit is that Resident Chef cuts my hair. He does a great job and he's saved me about $40/cut....wish I'd kept track of how many times he's cut it so I'd have a better idea of how much we've saved. He shaves his head so no cost there unless you count the razors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we have never lived in a house with central air that worked well until we moved two years ago. Last summer was record heat almost immediately. But this year I have just opened the windows at night and the house has stayed cool. I am sure we will have to use the air soon, but it has really saved. I love that you are able to save change and envelope. They add up fast. I have never thought of embroidering a tablecloth, I do pillowcases. I would so afraid that it would get a stain after all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super frugal week. I love my washing line too - the dried items always smell so good and are much easier to iron too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good frugal Friday post. With times such as they are, many of us are searching for ways to save.

    ReplyDelete