Saturday, June 11, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


It has been a very quiet week here on the old homestead. Things have been completed, not many but at least the patterns have been cut out (if not sewn), the quilt strips are made and a pattern is taking shape in my mind, and one poncho is completed.

I have weeded the perennial bed as well as the bigger boxes, washed the cushions and dried them in the sun. 

I corralled the yarn and various project supplies into a basket in the living room (looks so much better by my chair now...actually look organized for a change).

Walked most mornings and again in the early afternoon. 

Today I downloaded some free ebooks, and used my gift card to buy a couple. I should have enough reading material to last for a bit now. I may just find a few more free books and I still have a bit left on the gift card... Perhaps a book on foraging?

Perhaps tomorrow I will share some pictures of the garden, not that much is happening out there, but my columbines are gorgeous and the hibiscus has lots of buds.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Photos of the columbines and hibiscus would be lovely. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to get projects organized? It kind of gives you a feeling of relief to know what you might do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call columbines 'Granny's Bonnets'! Mine are all pink this year. They self seed everywhere if I let them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one of my days, although appears not to have done a lot, a lot got done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to corral items together too and get them neat and orderly. It always looks so much better. Bailey found two Rubbermaid Ultra Strong 3 gallon storage totes yesterday. They will be perfect to store items in to keep it all organized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so far behind, did it to myself, in decluttering I feel I'll never be done but I got a good job sorted yesterday that visually could see the results. Frugal wise, I used up the last eggs, bit of cheese and ham that had to get used to make breakfast burritos. These were from odds and ends so cost negligible but loaded with filling compared to cheapo filled drive through McDonald's. I need to do weeding today- which I hate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never managed to make the switch to e-books. For some reason I much prefer a 'real' book. Magazines too. Our local library has pretty much changed their magazine availability over to having to read them online and I hate it. Old school, that's me!

    ReplyDelete