Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

Well shopping ended up being rather spendy. I am amazed how much prices have risen in just a couple of weeks. I really shouldn't be as the price of gas has been rising almost every day. There are a few things that haven't risen yet which really surprises me as I would have thought those items would be the worst.

I had a lovely list made up with all the sale items I wanted to get, but to my surprise a few things were missing from the shelves. I did manage to get a bag of flour which will be put in the freezer and to make it even better it was on sale. Count me happy and if I would have had room in the cart I might have been tempted to purchase a second bag. 

I bought another basket at Walmart and it is holding three bags of yarn that were on the floor. Another small tidy up of the sewing/craft room. Still have a couple of bags that need to find a home though. Slowly, slowly between using up stash and working on reorganizing things are getting much tidier. A tidy room makes Jackie happy. Now if I just can control myself for a few more months......

I decided not to make the chicken casserole and instead will just warm the chicken up. Any leftover will be made into chicken salad and used in sandwiches for the rest of the week (sandwich meat was one of the items missing from the shelves this morning). 

Bills are all paid up, banking done, and I have started to gather items to take to Kris's. The more we can declutter here and help him out the better I feel. Since we no longer need the fans we have bought we will give a couple to him to use over the summer. Hopefully they will keep his house a bit cooler (well unless Harvey decides to buy him a portable air conditioner which Kris could consider a birthday gift or perhaps part of his Christmas gift). 

Off to get the table set and see what other mischief I can get up to. See you all later tonight.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. This feels such a satisfying post. Thanks.
    It's quite shocking how things are going up. I need to get some more petrol today and I'm not looking forward to paying for it. Mind you, I feel great gratitude that I can!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you could freeze flour. That would be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to stock up on our canned goods this week and I'm dreading it. I imagine it's going to be a shocker when we see the prices. During the winter we use dried beans for most of our cooking but in the summer we like to make salads using the canned even though we know it's more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found I need to grocery shop shortly after the flyers come out or the stores seem to run out of items. I guess everyone is trying to save.
    I'm certain Kris will be appreciative of the fans. When I lived in an older house with no a/c, I would place a fan at the bottom of the basement stairs and direct the fan so the cooler air blew upstairs. It certainly didn't cool off the entire upstairs but it did in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are seeing missing stock in the store. It seems to be cyclical and move around in terms of what products are in short supply here. I think we are in for a long time of supply chain challenges for all types of things. Thank goodness there is usually a substitution for most things although certainly not for baby formula in the US and that situation could have been avoided but is now challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just perused the sale add s and I was shocked again. I will be buying nothing! I love how you are cleaning out and giving to your son. We did that over and over with our girls. Also bought the youngest a window air conditioner as a gift. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jackie,
    ...you're right about the prices...everything is definitely going up and up...and using up leftovers is a nice way to save a little bit...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete