Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits

 

I managed to get a couple of the areas that needed weeding done today and I hope to get the last done after my errands tomorrow morning. 

Lots of rhubarb has been harvested, some frozen and some made into jam.


I am hoping to make some more jam a bit later...perhaps on in which I manage to use up the remainder of the blueberries from last year as well.


My yarn wreath was finally hung up with the help of Harvey. Strangely enough he really thinks this is cool. 


The C2C baby blanket is finished (except for the working in of the ends) and I love it.

I also got the last two small (depending on how one thinks about small) silent auction items done for the silent auction.



That means three ponchos, and at least 9 dishcloths coming from here. We will also throw in one of the smart watches that Harvey over bought. Should be enough to raise a bit of cash towards the next reunion. 

Not really looking forward to the reunion. While a few of Harvey's family treat me nicely (mostly the in laws) the rest kind of ignore me or talk about me and the rest of my family behind our backs. It is something I am slowly getting used to, not that I like it and what is really strange is that one on one we all get along just fine. It is when they get together as a group the ignoring, and speaking to me like I am a total idiot happens. Oh well it is one weekend every two years so I can manage. When things get too bad I walk away..... I just don't want to say anything that makes matters worse for Harvey. I think part of the reason is that we really have nothing much in common. I am more liberal minded (and so is the rest of my family) and the family as a whole is very conservative. I believe in the social justice teachings of the Catholic church and I don't think the majority have even read it. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Your crafts always impress the heck out of me. I'm not surprised Harvey likes your yarn wreath! It's so original!
    Great job on the weeding, we have lots of trimming to do around here before Friday's company arrives.
    Sad to read about how the reunions go, that should never happen. :( Brave you for going for Harvey, I'm sure he's hurt by it too though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one of the things they ought to be talking about is your generosity! The ponchos and blanket are so pretty.
    You'll laugh, even though I do a lot of crocheting, I had to look up C2C - corner to corner. I've made dishcloths using the pattern, just didn't know what it was called. :)
    I don't recall mom making rhubarb jam, I think she did jelly...maybe. But I sure remember stewed rhubarb over vanilla ice cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do get your reservations regarding the 'reunion'. I was never totally accepted either.
    Nice items for the silent auction.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not attend anything anymore. If my husband and boys want to go that is fine. I end up being more aggrevated and annoyed. My dad used to say, it's better to be alone rather then be in bad company. Your yarn wreath looks lovely, and the needles are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I entered a comment it will show up as annonymous, I don't know why, I didn't catch it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rhubarb jam looks good, I could never get it to look very appetising when I made it. Sorry to hear that you have to endure another gathering. It's very difficult when people get together and talk about you behind your back for no valid reason. Stay liberal minded and a supporter of social justice. Don't change for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a fan of family reunions either - certainly haven't missed them during times of covid, not that there's been any real issues but I've always hated big groups.
    Your rhubarb jam looks wonderful. A friend gave us a jar of rhubarb punch to try and as soon as we can get our hands on some rhubarb we're going to make some.

    ReplyDelete