Thursday, June 9, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 


I just can not believe it is Thursday already, another week almost gone. I wonder if because one gets older time seems to go by so much quicker? 

So what thrifty things have been taking place here on the old homestead?


1.  Trying my hand at making dandelion oil. Not sure how it will turn out, but considering all the dandelions at the end of the road something to make out of them.

2.  Using what I have to make prizes for the silent auction at the family reunion this summer. 

3.  I have been collecting cans and bottles when I am out walking. I take my picker upper and a bag with me. Probably collected close to $4.00 worth.

4.  While the initial output was high Harvey bought a beer kit (keeps him busy as well) which once ready to bottle will make twice as much beer as the initial cost. We do enjoy a cold brew after working outside most of the day. 

5.  Still combining trips to save on gas. I know this month will be a bit spendy on gas as we want to go and visit Kris, but overall we are keeping fuel usage down.

6.  Shopping once every two weeks is great for being thrifty. It makes a person use what they have.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. I've definitely found that grocery shopping less often makes a real difference to the budget. I do pay more attention to what needs to be used up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely visit with Kris this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that shopping every two weeks makes you use what you have. We were going to go to yard sales today, but I woke up and didn’t feel like it, so we can go tomorrow and save on gas by not going two days in a row. I have a picker upper too and love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, caught up on your posts now. So you can freeze flour to keep it? I grocery shopped yesterday and was shocked by how expensive everything was. It has all taken a huge jump which has got to be so hard for many folks. A beer kit is a great idea and I also combine outings as much as possible. Always interesting to read your thrifty posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the things you are doing to save money and that Harvey is brewing is also great! How nice to do things for a silent auction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always try to combine outings but it seems that the library calls me to go and pick up books just after we've gotten home. The library saves us a ton of money for books so I guess it's not such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete