Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Middle of the Week

I am slowly but surely getting this new computer with all its foibles up and running. I still have to get a word processing/spread sheet program and I am thinking of buying the newest Office program. I also have a few programs to put on via disc. Hopefully I will be finished very soon and then I can say all is back to normal.


I spent much of today pulling items out of the chest freezer and plan on making rhubarb cake, zucchini loaves and a batch or two of cherry muffins tomorrow. We will need some baking when we go on holiday to snack on.


I have yet to dehydrate more thyme and oregano and plan on doing that tomorrow as well.


Slowly but surely I am getting ready for the upcoming winter. Rumour has it that this winter is supposed to be a bad one. I am hoping that we get snow, but not the bitterly cold winds they are predicting.


Harvey went fishing today and came home empty handed. He says he has to find a new fishing hole as the one he visits is being overcome with weeds and the fish seem to have disappeared.


We have started a new beer brewing experiment and it should be ready to bottle when we get home from our holiday.


I am making a stock up list and am planning a trip to Regina very soon. I want to get fabric suitable for recovering the cushions on our outdoor furniture, the sun and rain have done a job on the ones we have on the chairs now. Then of course there is always fabric to buy in order to make Christmas gifts.


Off to enjoy a glass of wine and a sit on the deck to take advantage of the cool breezes.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Well you know how to relax...love sitting and sipping on the porch....I've not read about your holiday but sounds like you're planning something wonderful...Honey Bear and I have a cabin rented at the first of November...looking forward to that and this weekend we're going to a festival at a winery....hoping it won't be too hot to sit outside...are you familiar with Brooks and Dunn? Well Kit Brooks has a winery outside of Nashville.
Mama Bear