Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Good evening. The sky is getting dark and it looks as if we could get a bit of rain. Rain is definitely needed here, my rain barrel is almost empty!!!

Supper today was all from items I had on hand. I made moussaka but before I could take a picture Harvey had cut into it and served himself.

So I am using an image from Google.

I did not have tomato sauce so I used a can of tomato paste mixed with water until it was the right consistency and the right amount. I didn't have any canned tomatoes either so I just chopped up some fresh tomatoes. I also used up the cheese I shredded for our holiday (plus a bit more). It tasted wonderful!!! The eggplant was fresh from the garden, the ground meat was bought on deep sale a few months ago (I always buy extra when it is on sale) and the eggs were left from our trip. We even have enough left for our supper tomorrow. I will keep the leftover ham until later. Thrifty because I did not run out and buy any of the items I did not have on hand, instead I shopped at home and substituted where I could.

I am also using some of the leftover yarn from the rug and various afghan projects to start a few Christmas gifts. I am making my brothers toques and mitts.

I dried herbs today and will do some more tomorrow.

I needed to take my library books back and so picked up some more reading material.

All in all the thrifty day.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. The last of the roast chicken was put with the last of the mushrooms to make a pie. The pie will last today and tomorrow so stretching the chicken even further. DH is going to pick the bones for his supper - ugh!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been eating out of our freezer and fridge, too. I made 2 good meat and veggie casseroles..we ate one and the other in the freezer for another busy day.

    ReplyDelete