Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Today was a get the fridge slightly cleaned out day. I want it nice and clean when we leave on Sunday so I have no surprises when we get home.


I finished off the last of the salmon patties ( made instead of a casserole on Friday) for my lunch. One bowl of leftovers gone.


Then instead of making the hotdogs that were on the menu I made stuffed peppers. That way I used up two of the large green peppers from the garden and the leftover stuffing mix. Another bowl of leftovers gone from the fridge. The hotdogs will be used when we are on our trip so will not go to waste.


I have some leftover ham steaks that will be made into another meal tomorrow and that will take care of all the leftovers in the fridge (unless I make more before we leave and if I do I think I may freeze those to be used when we get back).


I also spent some time mending. All those pesky buttons are now replaced and a few seams repaired in Harvey's favorite work shorts are now done. I even darned a couple of socks. Repairing clothing just makes sense in the long run.


Lights are turned off in rooms not in use and doors closed to keep the air conditioning just in the rooms we use.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.




1 comment:

  1. when i was growing up, back in the 40's and 50's, we closed doors to unused rooms, too...but now that we have central air and heat, we would have to go around closing off vents in the ceilings. In the house we are in now, all rooms are used so we don't close vents and etc. We've always turned off the light when we leave the room....now that we have 3 tvs, we turn the one off in the room we are leaving. We were taught to conserve....energy, water and etc.
    I freeze all leftovers in zip lock bags..I've made some great soups using all leftovers...:)

    ReplyDelete