Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Quiet Of Mid Week

The days have been extremely hot here with little to no rain falling. This means watering the garden with the hose and city water as the rain barrel is empty. It is going to be a bit more costly but what can one do, no one wants to lose their gardens or flowers.

Kris was home and so Harvey and he decided to go fishing on Sunday. They caught a few but of course rather than bring them home to clean they were released.

Then they both surprised me by coming home and parking in the back. I thought I heard voices, but could see no truck. I finally looked out the back door and saw this.....

Two cherry trees and the guys busy digging the holes to plant them.

They are planted just in front of the old ones that will be coming down this fall. They even have a few small cherries on their branches.

Since Kris was home and I wanted to send a few items home with him I pulled out the mini donut maker.

Cinnamon sugar coated mini donuts enough for all of us.

I also pulled out my mini cupcake maker.

Mini vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

I was on a roll so I pulled out the mini pie maker and made some mini cherry pies with my homemade cherry pie filling. Well, I tried to make mini pies.

One came out almost perfectly.... The other three well they looked like this.

They still tasted yummy, and since Kris and I had just watched a Master Chef episode and he had heard the term "deconstructed" so he told me I had made deconstructed cherry pies. Sweet!

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.






3 comments:

  1. Jackie, your backyard is so lovely! Aren’t you lucky to have cherry trees! Those are good guys you’ve got...even if they didn’t bring any fish home to cook.
    I’m so impressed with all your baking.
    Isn’t it amazing how we can go from wishing for warm weather to being hot in such a few days! Good luck with the garden!
    ❤️M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherries it's a bit of a fight who gets to the cherries first, us or the birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Tania. I try and beat the birds and once in awhile I succeed.

      God bless.

      Delete