Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

Ahhh, so what thrifty things have been happening around the old homestead over the past week?

Really, much the same thrifty past times as is usual around here.

One new thing is Harvey made beer this week. I think he managed to get 46 bottles made at about half the cost of buying the same. So thrifty and it kept him out of my hair for awhile.

Me, well I used up all the plants I bought and the potting soil this year. Nothing was not used up. Yeah me. It usually ends up I have Harvey over buy potting soil, and of course I go overboard buying plants as well. This year I made my list and stuck to it, even though I felt a pull towards some of the more exotic plants that were available this year.

Harvey filled a propane tank this weekend and managed to get a package of 6 free hamburger patties. Free tasted pretty darn good after BBQing them on Saturday.

Any extra food was put into tinfoil trays and Kris got to take a few meals home again this weekend.

I also managed to turn another collar on one of Harvey's shirts.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Tuesday wasn't thrifty for me. I went to town for the regular haircut/color. A road trip that was supposed to start today got rebooked so that meant restocking the fridge that I've been emptying. The biggest consideration with the change of plans is the bedding plants. It will be interesting to see what's left in the greenhouses when I'm ready to stay home and babysit the bedding plants. One of my favorite plants is a castor bean, very showy and exotic. Another I've had a hard time finding of late is a talinum. Otherwise I stick to the marigolds, geraniums, petunias. I think they provide the biggest bang for the buck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love begonias and so does Harvey. This year I bought more, but boy do they look nice.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Free does taste good doesn't it and Home Made Beer wow! Hubby used to do wine years ago but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvey does beer and wine. Kris bought him all the necessary equipment for Christmas one year. I think it was his best Christmas gift yet.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I have been targeting the plant excess this year - if you grow it, plant it all and no extras. Caught husband wasting water all last summer on his "spares" that never got planted anyway. Twice the waste!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so proud that I did not go overboard buying plants this year and neither did Harvey. Now just to keep on doing this every year.

      God bless.

      Delete