Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

This past week the weather has been beautiful. Most days have been sunny and warmish. Makes me open windows to let in fresh air and in a thrifty move turn down the het during those sunny days.

I sold my old stove top pressure cooker. I didn't get a great deal for it, but at least I got something and it is now out of the house (it was in a box for donation).

Tonight or early tomorrow before heading out for my physiotherapy appointment I will list a few other articles on the garage sale sites online. Hopefully a bit more cash will be made and a few more items out of the house.

I turned a pair of Harvey's ratty jeans into a pair of shorts for him this summer.

My menu this week is mostly one of turning leftovers into brand new meals. Anything left over is packaged up and used for lunch or for another supper.

I found a gift card to a restaurant we usually go to for brunch. Must put it in my purse to use the next time we go.

Did up the budget for last month and we are almost $800.00 under budget for the month. That will change a bit after our stock up shop, but level out again. Usually I am well under the grocery budget after doing this for a few months. So while it won't be thrifty or frugal to begin with, it will end up being so.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great work on the budget. Puts me to shame. Well done you guys. Just proves that it can be done with a few tweaks here and there.

    ReplyDelete