Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Thrifty Tuesdays

It has been a busy day on the old homestead. The weather has been beautiful and after a phone call from Harvey's brother we have been busy trying to get the garden and my flowers all completed. While the veggie garden in done, my flowers are not. I can only do so many each day and I still have quite a few to go. Wish me luck tomorrow as I want to get most done. Rain should be heading our way Wednesday night, Thursday and on Friday. My plants will get a great start.

Thrifty moves this week include Harvey building me a folding frame for my pole beans out of leftover lumber from the basement. I will take a picture of it, as well as the veggie garden tomorrow. I hope to have my flowers planted and some pictures of those as well to share with you.

I did some mending on a couple of clothing items and a pillow case. We will get a few more years usage out of those items.

Over the past week I have been using up what I can from the crisper and freezer for our meals. I am hoping that my wrist is well enough next week that I can start to bake bread once again. This buying of bread is getting on my nerves, it is so expensive compared to homemade breads.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment