Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thursday Tidbits

I got a big surprise today. Harvey bought a pear tree for me for Mother's Day. Now along with cherries (those will probably be gone and replaced next spring) I will soon be able to pick pears!!! I am very happy.

Harvey worked up the garden three times today, it was so hard. Hopefully we get more rain very soon. I will have to drench the perennial garden in order to get the weeds out. Planning on doing that sometime tomorrow while the guys are either fishing or working on planting my pear tree.

I got another surprise, Kris came home tonight instead of tomorrow. I really think he is looking forward to a fishing adventure with his Dad. Eiko is downstairs visiting with Harvey. Shania on the other hand is upstairs here with me.

I sandwiched and finished pinning the quilt. It is now upstairs in my sewing room. I just have to get working on the quilting next. I think that might take a very long time. It's a pretty large quilt.

I am going to try and post a picture of the yarn winder that Blogger would not let me post yesterday.

So far I am loving the way it works. I have done up some of the leftover sock yarn and some orphan balls of baby yarn. It really makes a difference on how much room they take up. Slowly but surely I plan on getting all my yarn eventually done.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment