Friday, October 18, 2024

Things Need To Slow Down

 



As I contemplate the last week and look towards next week and those following, I really think that I need some slow time. Time to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of fall, before the snow comes and we are once again in a endless vista of white. 

I don't know how I plan on doing that, but perhaps I can take a day or two to just sit and enjoy. My problem is knowing that there is so much to do before winter hits and my nesting habit  begins. In actual fact it probably has already started.

My menu ideas are becoming much heartier and more meat based, I am pulling out projects to work on that are slower, or that I know will never be finished before winter is over. I am collecting reading material on my ereader and computer so I don't have to leave the house.

Stocking up on things like candles, laundry detergent, dishwasher tabs, mostly those things that I would have to drive across town for. 

Planning one last trip to the city in order to visit with Kris and do a bit more stocking up on things we can not purchase here. 

Life does slow down in the winter, I just wish it would slow down in the fall.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Fall is the time we need to enjoy and just soak in the goodness. I understand the feeling.

    ReplyDelete