Saturday, October 26, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


It has been a so so week on getting projects completed and starting new ones. Still it has been a good week. Cloth napkins cut and sewn, the dress cut out to start sewing tomorrow, baking done, bread made, and I finally got my mint salve made. 

Also cleaned up outside (all those little sticks from the trees), covered and moved the deck furniture, and moved the one lavender into the perennial bed to see if the plant will last the winter. 

I washed all the stuffed toys, and mended an outdoor cushion as well as our daughters Cabbage Patch doll. Darned a pair of my socks as well. 

Even managed to get out and have coffee with friends a couple of times this week. While I do love visiting, I am finding that staying home a few days a week enables me to get much more accomplished. That is a "very good thing" as Martha would say. 

My wardrobe has been switched to fall/winter clothing and all the spring/summer items are away now. While doing so I managed to declutter a few more items from my clothing. It was then I noticed that I really could use a few more winter type tops and a few pairs of sweatpants.

Found a few interesting places in Regina that are reasonably priced and some of the condos are actually quite nice. The HOA fees aren't that bad either. When I told Harvey that most only have one parking space, he mentioned leaving the truck at our sons and having it become a joint use vehicle. I have a feeling that Kris would be using it much more than we would unless we purchased a small home. 

I have made my menu for November using the basics we already have in the house. I also picked the days that I will be doing batch cooking. The first day that I plan on having soup and sandwiches for a meal will be my big batch soup making day. Then a bit later there is a day I want to make chili, so that will be my big ground beef batch cooking day. I have also picked a day to use up all those bags of frozen leftovers in the fridge, and that will be a casserole making day. I am hoping that this will simplify cooking around this house. I can pretty much count on both hands and two toes the days we order in, and when we do there is usually enough for at least 2 more meals if not more. 

One of the replies on my last post questioned why basements are never included in the square footage of a home as that would double the amount of space a home has. In this home's case our basement is really only suitable for storage since the windows are not the right size to escape through in case of fire. We did put a larger window in the room Kurt uses when home, but even that one may not be the proper size. Harvey does have his mancave down there, but since it is only used when he is awake that is okay according to the fire department. Even if we add in that square footage we would still be under 1400 square feet. 

Next week I will post pictures of what I have accomplished since my last photo drop. 

Off to visit with all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment