Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Midweek, Oh My

 


I think that pretty soon panic is going to set in. I am in no way ready for winter or Christmas and both are coming up very quickly. 

Not only is it midweek again, but it is almost the end of this month. Yikes time is just flying right by. Still lots I want to get done this month. Hopefully everything will actually be accomplished. Perhaps even a few of the smaller tasks from next month if I am really lucky.

It seems as if there is never enough hours in a day to get things done and dusted. I believe it is because it stays darker in the mornings and gets dark early at night. Some things just need the light of day in order to get done. I do have a very decent light in the sewing/craft room, but some items are just too large to sew or craft in there. This means I have a large folding table in the living room to work on during the sunny portions of the day. 

The weather has changed. It is very cold, below freezing most nights lately and so the heat has been turned on. Still we are keeping that fairly low and I am thinking that perhaps we should use the timer this year a bit more. 

I have been working on getting some cleaning done that really hasn't been done in awhile. I have washed all the doll clothes my Mom made for Krista's Cabbage Patch doll, cleaned that tote, washed all the stuffed toys (need to mend her Care Bear) and tomorrow will wash the Cabbage Patch doll. The tote the stuffies were in has been cleaned as well and once the last few stuffed toys are added can be put away. 

The yard is cleaned up, flower pots, baskets and such have been emptied and all summer decor is put away or covered up on the deck. 

Guess things are moving along for now, but so much more needs to be done to be ready for the dark, cold and snowy days of a Canadian prairie winter.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment