Thursday, October 17, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursday

 Thrifty and Frugal


I have been sticking pretty close to home and trying my best to reign in my spending for the rest of this month. So what thrifty and frugal things have been happening here on the old homestead.

1.  Made more tinkle cloths from some scrap flannelette I found in my stash.

2.  Cut strips and 4" squares out of the scraps that were not suitable for tinkle cloths. I also cut some 2 1/2" squares from the scraps left from cutting those scraps.

3.  Shopping from home before I run out to purchase anything. One can always make substitutions and there is much to use up after the holiday. 

4.  Shopped my fabric to make some more Christmas gifts for Kurt's and Kris's Christmas baskets. I found fabric to make them each 4 placemats, and probably a bit later some hot pads as well. I also have enough fabric to make us some placemats and hot pads as well. I even found some fabric suitable for some more cloth napkins. 

5.  I have made my grocery and stock up list for this week purchasing mostly sale items, and planning ahead.

6.  Using up leftovers effectively for new meals.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

1 comment: