Thursday, October 24, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursday

 Thrifty and Frugal


It has been a slow day. My list of household tasks were not many and since I had a slight backache upon arising I have put off cleaning and organizing the chest freezer.

So what thrifty and frugal things have been happening here on the Phillips homestead. 

1.  Sticking close to home. The only time I drove the vehicle was to go to the dentist on the other side of the city. I make that sound like a really long drive while it only takes me 10 minutes or less to get there.

2.  As usual using up all leftovers in either a new meal, or for lunches. 

3.  I bought some sandwich meat on sale and yuck is it ever salty. Quite a surprise to me as I haven't made a sandwich with processed luncheon meat for myself in a very, very long time. I think I will be sticking to leftover roasts, and making egg, tuna or salmon salad to use. 

4.  Mending a few stuffed toys and the Cabbage Patch doll. I also darned a pair of my socks. 

5.  I got free floss, free floss picks, and free interstitial brushes from my visit to the dentist. 

6.  Drapes open during the day for light and to heat the house. Right now it is 25C in here and 9C outside.

7.  Baked bread twice, and I even tried to make hotdog buns once again. Getting a bit better at the hotdog buns thing. Still need to work at it though. 

8.  Pulled the frozen cake and iced it for dessert the beginning of the week. I am now making a rhubarb crisp for dessert for the rest of the week. 

9.  Using up small bits of fabric from my stash to make cloth napkins. Only a few more to go and I will call that project done and dusted. 


So all in all a pretty decent frugal and thrifty week here. Hope all of you have had the same.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week. I do love a cold cut sandwich now and then - but the other things are so much healthier! Most processed is salty. Hope your back gets to feeling better - smart not to overexert it.

    ReplyDelete