Monday, January 22, 2018

Menu Monday

This week will include one of our very infrequent dining out nights. I was a leader for Girl Guides of Canada Guides Du Canada for many years and am what could be classified as a sucker for any fund raising done by them. So this year when my neighbours grandgirls came knocking at my door with "Steak Night Tickets" I bought 2, really quite inexpensive considering. However if the meal is not up to Harvey's standards there will be another place we won't be eating at.

Monday

Chicken breasts, just not sure how these will be served. I am leaning towards lemon chicken.... and serving with rice, the remainder of a bag of frozen corn and some type of dessert.

Tuesday

Out for Steak Night (yeah no cooking).

Wednesday

Leftover pork roast from Sunday. I am leaning towards a stir fry.

Thursday

Soup and sandwiches. I will likely use up the Turkey noodle soup from the freezer and as I have lots of eggs make egg salad sandwiches.

Friday

Fish fillets, coleslaw and fries.

Saturday

Clean out the fridge, or if there isn't enough in the leftover department I will pull out a bag of leftover ham and make Scalloped potatoes and ham. Either way I plan on having a salad with the meal.

Sunday

Beef roast, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and the leftover salad. 

As usual lunches will be sandwiches or leftovers (or in my case some toast).

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I know I should be incorporating more fresh veggies into my diet but I'm drawn to those hot, stick-to-your-ribs foods in this month of January. Some items didn't make it into last week's menu so here they are again.
    Monday - BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, nylesnyki, bean/mushroom salad (for dinner guests)
    Tuesday - leftover tuna/noodle casserole
    Wednesday - roast beef & carrots, lemon roast potatoes
    Thursday - tortellini soup
    Friday - vegetarian naan pizza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also trying to figure out ways to sneak in more fresh veggies and fruit. I think that in the depths of winter we all want more of the stick to your ribs kind of meals.

      God bless.

      Delete