Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

I decided like a few other bloggers to try and finish up 9 projects this month. So far I am on track to finish 9 knitting projects. Sure they are only socks, but to finish 9 pairs in about 3 weeks (bit slow on the uptick here) is pretty much pushing my knitting capability.

I am on pair number 4 and moving right along, however I am beginning to get the urge to knit something else and have to remind myself I am almost at my goal. Hopefully I will share pictures of the finished group at the end of the month.

It has been another quiet day here. As I was busy knitting I decided to start a new series on the box. I picked Vera. My this series is going to take awhile to get through. Each episode is the length of a movie. In season 1 there are 6 episodes so I have a feelin each season will be 4 or 6 episodes and there are 9 seasons to watch. I am really enjoying it so far and it makes the knitting just zip right along.

Mass was different today. I can't really explain how, other than it was way longer than usual, perhaps it was because I noticed things happening that I never noticed before. After distributing the cup and I had gone back to my seat I watched the interaction around the altar. One lady more or less pushed one of our older parishioners out of the way in order to take the leftover hosts to the tabernacle. Then went and sat beside the woman (who is a sacristan) whom she pushed aside. I have noticed little things before with this same person, and I don't like what I see happening. I don't know if it is because of rudeness or because something else is going on. This same woman was waving from the sanctuary at her grand daughter, and making faces. Must think long and hard about what is going on and whether or not this is a change the Mass should take.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I just love Vera. I've just started watching the current series on one of the channels here and yes two hours for each episode is long, but Brenda Blethyn is great in this role and it doesn't feel that long when you're watching it.

    ReplyDelete