Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday and This/That

I gathered together all the partial bottles of hand lotion from our various stays in hotels and placed them where I am sure to use them. My goodness have I ever collected them. Slowly but surely I am working my way through them all. This way I get to save all the bigger tubes and bottles for later use.

The last couple of days I have cooked big batches of food at supper. Now I will have a few days down the road where I will not have to cook at all. Rather just warm things up in the microwave and add a side or two.

I did some baking as well and rather than have the cake dry out because we can't eat it all I made a smaller square cake and some small bundt cakes.

The square cake has been finished and the 5 small bundt cakes are packaged up and in the freezer. 

One of the big dishes I made this week has been tonight.

A very large Turkey Tetrazzini. We had some tonight, I made a TV dinner for Kris, and the rest is put into the fridge to be had on Thursday.

I also made Lazy Cabbage Rolls as a big casserole. We had it for supper last night, I portioned some out as a TV dinner for Kris (these are like a thank you for coming home and helping out whenever we need him, it also allows me to know he has something good to eat every so often), we have some for tomorrow, and there is even a package in the freezer for sometime in the future. No picture though as Harvey dug in before I could take one.

Here is the pile of 8 pairs of thick boot socks I made.

Some are very colourful, but since I was using up bits and bobs of yarn it was to be expected. At least this time I sort of put colours that go together reasonably well.

Here are some pictures of the moon tonight. Hopefully I will get some better ones as the moon gets closer. I really think a person needs an SLR camera to get those wonderful pictures one sees online.


Pretty sure this is not the super moon, but it is nice and bright. 

Best news of all though and while not a frugal undertaking at first glance, our venting from the furnace into the back where all we had was electric heat is done. This means our electric bills should begin to fall and that is thrifty and frugal in the long run.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.




1 comment:

  1. Your Turkey Tetrazzini looks so delicious.
    I am not a knitter I'm afraid, your socks look really good and cosy.

    ReplyDelete