Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Happenings

We have had a full day of sun and warmer temperatures. I do hope this means an end to the winter.

Harvey has spent the last week working on a project for Kris. He made a microwave cart for him. This is the finished product.

He has a bit of touch up to do, but I think he did a terrific job. We had the knobs already and so that was no cost to us. Got to keep our eyes open for another sale on them so we have a supply handy.

On a forum I moderate we were talking about embroidery (okay I mentioned finishing a project from a few years ago) and it was mentioned how most of the posters learned how to sew and embroider using those old transfers of kittens and such on tea towels. That made me think of all the goodies I got from my Mom when she passed away.

I pulled all these out of the box.

I can see myself making new tea towels sometime this year (once I finish all the other projects that need to be done). I even have all of the sugar sack material that Mom collected and I inherited. Think I will be busy for while.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Jackie -

    Your husband does such BEAUTIFUL work!

    I recognize those patterns. I learned to do embroidery when I was young and have vague memories of some of those patterns.

    Post pictures!

    ReplyDelete