Sunday, March 10, 2013

The End of One Thing and the Beginning of Another

Well today saw the end of my sitting as Parish Council Chairperson. I am happy to have one less hat to wear in the church. Perhaps now I can relax and enjoy my faith more then I have for the past 9 years. I said goodbye and walked out without a backwards glance. So that was the ending that took place today.

Moving on to new beginnings as just a person in the pew, and a friend to those that are still working.

Another new beginning I have will be having even more time to do those things that I enjoy doing. I will have more time to sew, knit, or bake.

We went to Regina yesterday (don't ask about the horrendous driving conditions on the way home...we made it in one piece and that is all that counts) and I stocked up on a few things that will make my life more enjoyable.

First stop

Yarn for the afghan I will be knitting for the family reunion silent auction.

More yarn to knit ruffle scarves.

And even yet more yarn to knit a prayer shawl or just a shawl for me. The bag said $19.99 and I got it for $4.50. Almost makes me wish I would have picked up a few more bags of other colours.

Then it was over to Fabricland. I got my membership renewed and picked up a few things (not as much as I would have liked as they were so very busy).

I got some embroidery thread for my machine to replace some that I used up and two spools I didn't have. The red material will either make me a jacket or I will use it to make the tablecloth for the school. The grey fabric will be making me a jacket for sure, that is what the lining is for. I have never made anything lined before so this will be a learning experience for me.

Of course Harvey got his fishing tackle box and wonders of wonders and electric filleting knife which should make that job much easier.

Best of all we got to spend time with Kris.

I have started a new project on my knitting needles. This is another one to use up those leftover balls of yarn from other projects. I plan on having made 5 pairs of mittens for next year by the end of this week.

Here is a picture of Kurt's and Kris' Easter sweaters.
Hope they like them.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweaters! I always wanted to knit because it looks so much more "professional" to me than crochet. But then again, maybe it is because my level of crochet isn't "professional", lol. I am STILL not getting anywhere with the knitting and as an organist and typist...my left hand MOVES. Don't know what my problem is, lol.

    I have a ton of free yarn that has no indication on it as to "type". Is there any way to tell what the yarn is made of so I don't accidentally use two different kinds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, one way is the burn test. Smelly but effective. Acrylic yarn will melt a bit on the ends, real wool won't.

    Cotton yarn is easy to tell from other yarns by feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! I will wait until I can open ALL of the windows, lol. I epoxied a plastic drawer in my craft armoir yesterday and the whole room smelled, even with the window open!

    ReplyDelete