Saturday, April 12, 2014

No Waste Day

It's Saturday on the old Homestead and things moved along quite nicely.

I lost my gadget that said what blogs I was following so I have started to do it over. You will notice some are missing, but slowly I hope to get them all back up as well as some new ones. This is cleaning up my bookmarks as well. If I haven't gotten you on the blog roll as of yet, don't worry you will be back again soon.

I am happy to announce that we are more or less finished the big pot of chili I made a few days ago. Three meals for Harvey and I, plus a TV type meal to give to Kris when he comes home next weekend for Easter.

Oops, just noticed that I dated this wrong!!! Oh well, only out by a day. This meal for one used up the remaining pasta in the fridge and the last of the pot of chili. I love when I have no waste!!!

I also spent time in the sewing/craft room doing what I love. I finished off the shorts (though why I was concerned about getting them finished when we are now at -2 C I will never know) and a little dress.

I am moving right along getting this months goal completed, as far as sewing is concerned. As long as the patterns are simple I should be just fine.

All scraps from cutting out patterns over the last two months have been folded and put away. I am sure that I will find a use for every piece eventually.

I even finished making cord with the burgundy yarn late this afternoon. Now I just have to sew what is made onto the rug and I can add the sage green yarn. I am beginning to think more and more that work just cuts into my craft time. Guess it is time to figure out if I want to work or if I want to spend more time at home doing these types of activities. I hope to figure this out by the end of June, if not sooner.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a bit more sewing. I have a few patterns cut out that need to be sewn with blue thread so I hope to be able to do most of them with the same colour.

 Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless


No comments:

Post a Comment