Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Sorry, no recipe to share with you today. I do however have some pictures of three of my recipe books that I use a great deal.

The book on the left is one of a series of cookbooks that I have been collecting for awhile. Company's Coming is a big seller in Canada and all of her recipes use easy to find ingredients. This one is a part of my Planned Leftovers cooking.

The middle one was given to me by the lady I boarded with while attending university. It is another planned leftover cookbook. While the ingredients are a bit harder to find I have tweeked a few of these for our tastes.

The Quick Thrifty Cooking is a book I picked up at a yard sale, mainly because it reminded me of the cookbook we sometimes used in my Home Economics classes in high school. The recipes are hearty and tend to make enough for freezing a portion for another meal or two later on. It is also full of variations on the recipe and frugal, thrifty tips.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, I ordered the cookbook on the right as a result of your post!

    Mary (Kindhearted1) from Frugal Living

    ReplyDelete