Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thrifty Tuesday

It has been a snowy day here on the old homestead. I did manage to get my walk in so free exercise and lovely fresh air. Mind you I looked a bit like a snow woman when I got back home, but I dried out quickly.

Leftovers were made into a lovely shepherds pie type meal. Harvey really liked it and I got to use up a few items in the fridge, the remainder of a bag of beans, remainder of a bag of corn, and a small bag of frozen carrots from the freezer downstairs.  I also used up 4 small potatoes making the mash to go on top as well as a bag of frozen leftover roast pork. This will definitely be made once again.

Yesterday was laundry day, but because things are hung on the lines downstairs I don't usually finish until today. Saves at least three loads going into the dryer.

I also did some more decluttering, working towards that 100 items out of the house by the end of the month.

The two bags on the right are what I have found this month. January's total was 289 items. So far this month I have found another 9 items to join them. These will be put in the back of my car and dropped off at the Salvation Army tomorrow on the way home from work. Combining trips to save on gas and driving time is my way of cutting expenses.

I started the Dragon cross stitch project and can see why it has sat idle for so many years. The stitches are extremely tiny and I go cross eyed working on it. I can only do a few stitches at a time.

I will however get it completed, if not this month, next month.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment